Tuesday, July 1, 2008

White Wine Sangria

I like the finer things. I like designer clothes. French food. Air conditioning. I also like plastic bendy straws, and fun boozy summer drinks. I’ve always loved the idea of white wine sangria so I did some research on the internet, made a few batches (which my friends have been kind enough to help me with), and came up with my own recipe. Serves 8.*

Lesley's White Wine Sangria

1 large bottle of white wine, cheap
½ cup brandy or apricot brandy
2 oz. peach schnapps
½ can (12 oz.) Goya apricot nectar
½ liter bottle sparkling lemon water (like Polar seltzer) or Sprite if you like things sweet
10 or so Strawberries, sliced with a few left over to garnish glasses.
1 or 2 peaches, sliced

Combine white wine, brandy, schnapps and apricot nectar in pitcher and chill. These may sit together over night or you can serve right away. Add fruit and sparking water (or soda) right before serving.

Fill glasses with ice and garnish with a strawberry. Pour into glasses. A spoon is helpful for getting the fruit out of the pitcher.

Tastes best outside.

*I find that it’s just the right amount for 3 friends to sit outside and keep refilling their glasses over increasingly boisterous conversation.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I can confirm that this is delicious, and does indeed make boisterous conversation, sometimes in the presence of Jacoby Ellsbury.

meeracle said...

don't forget the guitar! and i like how you noted to put the fruit in just before serving... no more dead body strawberries!

ps - i love the blog! yayay! :)