Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Shakespeare on the Common

"As You Like It" is this year's play during Free Shakespeare on the Common from July 18 to Aug. 3. Boston Common, Tuesday-Saturdays, 8 p.m.; Sundays, 7 p.m.

As You Like It is one of my favorites of the comedies, although, I think I’d say that about any of them. There are some great fools and, of course, plenty of cross dressing.

It’s the perfect excuse to pack a picnic. Kenneth Branagh Baglechips. Hamlet and Cheese Sandwiches. Love's Labour's Lobster Rolls. I could go on for ever. Julius Caesar Salad. Weird Spritzers. OK, I'll stop.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Out damn spotroast!

Larkin said...

Coriolanus....'nuff said.

Big Nick said...

Sweet blog Les! I especially like the one post said you had decorated 'contemporary american grandma'

good stuff!

big hug from me and mr. snugz