Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pro-ject! *sing song voice*

I thought I loved this shirt when I bought it years ago (circa 2003?) from J. Crew. I think I’ve worn it maybe twice. And yet it has survived dozens of closet purges and big black garbage bags being carted off to the Goodwill. (It's just that it's so soft and well, maybe I'll be wear it some day...) I realize now that what I love is the fabric. Scissors, please.


I think I’m going to make a little makeup bag or maybe a summery clutch. This isn’t the first time I’ve cut up an old shirt or skirt to repurpose the fabric, but usually it’s been from something I loved but some how died from an unfixable snag or a stain. Confession: Once I have a project picked out, I get really excited and think about it a LOT, working out all the details and picturing how to do it. It might be my favorite part. So, yeah, totally normal.

No comments: