Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cookies! With Hershey's!

Since I was having some friends over last night I decide to see what I had in my pantry and whip up quick some cookies. (I will use any excuse to bake. TV show premier? Blondies! New hair cut? Snickerdoodles! Bad day? Carrot cake cupcakes! )

I was going to post the whole recipe but I'm not completely happy with the butter cookie recipe I used. Not bad, just a little blah. I'll tweak it in the future and put it up when it's just right. In the mean time here it is simplified:

Hershey's Butter Cookies:

Preheat oven to 375
Follow your favorite sugar or butter cookie recipe.
Roll dough into quarter size balls.
On baking paper lined baking sheet, press dough balls flat with your palm (fingers make ridges)
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts
Press a Hershey's chocolate square into the center of each cookie.
Bake for 12 minutes

Enjoy!

No comments: