Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pencil Case

For some reason I love making little purses and things with zippers and buttons. (I think it's because I don't have to worry about them fitting and I can make something with even the teeniest scrap of fabric I find.) When I went back to school in January I wanted to "craft" out my jitters so I decided to make a pencil case/supplies organizer. Here's what I came up with:


You may recognize the fabric. It was left over from the table cloth I made. It looks very Lilly Pulitzer to me, which I LOVE. The button is one of the old anchor ones I found in my collection. The inside folds out into three panels which each have compartments. The scissors are coming out of a zippered pouch.


I really liked making it and will definitely do more. Next time I'll take progress pictures and do a sort of how-to in case anyone wants to make one. I'm just waiting to come across the perfect fabric again.
And, PS, crafting as a stress reliever totally works. Just try to stay anxious while holding a handful of tiny pink buttons. It's impossible. IMPOSSIBLE.

No comments: