Monday, August 25, 2008

Fresh Salsa

I've been so lucky this August because every time I see my parents they hand me a big bag of fresh tomatoes from their garden. They're great simply drizzled with balsamic dressing.

But my favorite thing to do is make salsa. I live for salsa. I dream about it. All of my favorite restaurants are Mexican because they serve chips and salsa. Because of this I know what I like. Also, I used both red and yellow tomatoes, which look fancy.


Lesley's Fresh Salsa

2 large tomatoes or 3 medium size ones diced
6 or so cherry tomatoes quartered
1/4 cup red onion chopped
1 jalapeno chopped
1 habanero finely chopped (try half first, if it's not too spicy, add the rest)
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
juice from half of one lime
a little salt

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for about an hour. Great with chips. Obvi.

No comments: