Tuesday, February 9, 2010

But I LOVE it.

In a recent post in the Stylephile blog on Boston.com, Courtney Hollands used the following picture to illustrate how shag carpeting is a 1960s nightmare.

But all I could think was: Where is this place? Do such wonders still exist? Can I move there? A balcony? You know there's at least 3 wet bars in that room.

It seems like it's in a swanky New York high-rise or in a Hollywood mansion . But what if it was the interior of a cabin in the woods? Or if you stuck it in the back of your property as a sort of grown-up fort/studio? Your living space needs to be, well, livable, but if you're designing a camp for example, you should be able to have fun.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I want to go to there!

Unknown said...

I love it so so very much. Can we make an outdoor version of it on the roofdeck??

Megs said...

seriously, this is what my living room would have looked like if i had just a little more space. hot pink shag + wet bars = tacky drunk central, population this hot mess :)

Lemon Drop said...

I agree. My "happy place" used to be a meadow by a stream, but now I think it might be that room.