Friday, December 18, 2009

Color Obsession

This is my blender. I love it.
Photo by Kitchenaid.

In addition to it's ability to make frosty margaritas, what I love about it is the color. In fact, I'm obsessed with it. I stayed in a hotel recently where the plastic room pen was sea foam green. Forget that we're in Miami, look at this pen! I also posted about the Chanel Jade nail polish.

I don't know what it is about that color, but lately it's been taking up at least 10% of my brain functioning. Mint green, jade, sea foam. Whatever you call it, I love it.

I want to have it in my wardrobe, but it's hard to find the right piece. The trouble is that the color can look a little "old lady" if not done right. For instance, if you wore a mint green trench coat, people would probably ask you if you needed help crossing the street or carrying your groceries. Trust me. Don't do it.

I think the color is best done in a way that would look sexy and lux. Picture a slinky jade party top, paired with long gold chain earrings and a large gold cuff bracelet. Le sigh.

Now I just need to find it.....

2 comments:

meeracle said...

Did you know that that is the color of my Vespa?? Maybe you should do a photo shoot with it!! haha! :)

Lemon Drop said...

I did know. Love it!